BVC - Re: BVC: Meade instructions for beginners (fwd)

OxladeMac@aol.com OxladeMac at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 16:17:11 PST 2000

cchipman at nomadics.com writes:

<< I'm really loathe to add sulfites, mainly because it means I must inform
 every person who drinks it that there are sulfites in it in case of
 allergic reactions.

 Sulfite allergies are common enough that I worry bout it. >>

I'm against it just because I'm a purist.  However, if you look at commerical
wines, there is an amazingly high percentage that use sulfites.  It wouldn't
be a big surprise to most wine drinkers.  If they drink wine, they already
know about sulfites, and will probably ask.  If they don't drink wine, then
you must ask - "do you normally drink wine?"

How many people are allergic to sulfites anyway?  I wouldn't think it'd be
that many.