BVC - Re: BVC: Meade instructions for beginners (fwd

OxladeMac@aol.com OxladeMac at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 16:25:47 PST 2000

cchipman at nomadics.com writes:

<< I thought about trying to use the Sun to kill the yeast, but that didn't
 work. I guess the amount of UV rays deposited means that it would probably
 take weeks to use the sun, and that would be too long. Unless of course I
 was able to spread the mead out into a thin pool, which would increase the
 penetration by the UV and would maximize the UV energy received.....
 hmmmm...... >>

Oxidation dude.

My personal favorite unproven idea is to filter the little buggers out!  Let
it go clear, use a 1/2 micron filter, then resweeten.  I haven't tried it
yet.  I'm a gadget geek.  Someday it will be mine!