BVC - questions...
magdlena at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 10 19:39:52 PST 2000
I'm looking through an ancient and venerable winemaking
book, and I've ended up with a few questions. (_First Steps
in Winemaking_ CJJ Berry)
1) What's a Mangold?
2) If I was going to add barley to a wine should I use the
barley I use in soup, or the roasted, malted stuff Ox uses
3) Can anyone tell me the calculation for converting metric
to U.S. pounds so that I can verify that the amounts are
correct? (He lists British lbs, metric, & US lbs)
4) I have a very active yeast culture going in my house.
(My orange syrup recipe would apparently make a great soda
or wine. ;>) I'm thinking about using a sherry yeast in a
batch soon. How much of a sherry taste will that impart to
my batches in the future?
5) Has anyone made clove wine? How did it turn out? Was
is a cooking wine or a drinking one?
6) Has anyone tried a hop wine?
-Magdalena the bored bottle washer
Go to http://lists.ansteorra.org/lists.html to perform mailing list tasks.
More information about the BVC