BVC - Water Chemistry

H.L. Agnarr Thorvaldsson agnarr at apex2000.net
Wed Jan 12 19:34:16 PST 2000

OK I will try to answer some of this.  Clorine will evaporate out over a
period of time. so you will need to set your water in a large container and
just let it sit for at least a week according to the numbers you gave. Your
sodium ions are a little more tricky as that is from salt. you might try
after letting it sit for a week to make a boiler with a tube coming out of
it similar to a still arrangement (I AM NOT suggesting you make a still) so
as you boil the water the steam can escape through the tube where it will
condense and then be transferred into a different and cold container.  This
might take care of the high numbers given, but no guarantees on how this
"New water" will be to the London water you are trying to recreate.   Hope
if you try this that it works.
Agnarr