BVC - Water Chemistry

OxladeMac@aol.com OxladeMac at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 16:09:56 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/13/00 2:21:14 PM Central Standard Time,
swarm at warpcore.provalue.net writes:

<< The easiest way to overcome bad water is just go to the store and buy the
 water you want. If you are wanting a specific ion balence get water
 purifide buy reverse osmosis and then add the minerals you want in the
 right consentrations. If $5-$10 bucks is too much, take a jug and drive to
 a different water supply. If you want a continuous supply, get a reverse
 osmosi$ water filter. Activated carbon won't do the trick on removing
 NaCl.

 Hamlin >>

Actually, this is what I have decided to do.  One of the things I have done
in the past is to buy carboys of water from Fizo water company in Tulsa.
They get it from Mountain Valley Spring in Arkansas.  I called Mountain
Valley and got a water report from them.  It is MUCH better than the
Stillwater water.  I will only have to make slight adjustments to it to reach
the final water characteristics I am looking for.

Oh, and the best part about going all the way to Tulsa to get this water - it
comes in these cool reusable 5 gallon glass containers!!!!!  Kind of funny -
you can get an empty carboy from them for $12, or a full one for $10.  Not
bad!  Two birds with one stone!