BVC - Northern Regional Tribute...

OxladeMac@aol.com OxladeMac at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 10:04:55 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/19/00 9:37:17 AM Central Standard Time,
Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov writes:

<< Point 2:
 Mistress Stacia's hope is to provide a venue to spotlight the endeavors of
the
 Irises and Laurels.  Basically, she is trying to get them out to
 teach...especially in the North.  At least, that was how she explained it
when
 St. Thompson's was reformulated about two years ago.

I commend her efforts in this area.  I would LOVE to see more stuff from the
Laurels - it gives all the rest of us something to look up to, and to learn
from.

<<Point 3:
I don't need an Iris to teach in Namron.  However, the only teaching "event"
Namron hosts is St. Thompson's.  I have been turned down previously but that
is
not to say that others will be as well...give Stacia a call and ask.  (Keep in
mind that space and time are limited at Northern Regional Tribute.)>>

I had Gunhilda ask for me.  I accepted the response I got - see my other post
to the BVC.

I'm sorry you have been turned down.  Want to team up for a series of classes
at Gulf?

<<Point 5: [Snark alert]
Ox,  if you can find a non-brewing Iris to teach your all-grains class, I will
be there with bells on!  8^)>>

He he he :)  Not that it would be allowed in or anything, but now the
challenge is before me!  Alas, I shall prevail!!!

<<When I was in Atlantia (*don't cringe*), I had to badger the University
Chancellor for nearly three years to allow brewing classes to be taught.
Master
Henry (bless his pointy head) was convinced that a brewing class could NOT be
taught without an accompanying tasting.  Of course, when he finally turned the
brewers loose, he got six to eight hours of classes, three times a year.
("Now,
why didn't I think of this sooner?!?")

Dude, I've seen the website from the University of Atlantia.  I'd say you
were sucessful!!!