BVC - Northern Regional Tribute...

Collectively Unconscious swarm at warpcore.provalue.net
Wed Jan 19 10:38:20 PST 2000

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Magdalena wrote:

> For those of us who perhaps don't know our SCA history quite so well, what the
> heck are y'all talking about?

Once upon a time, about ten years before the 20th year celibration, at an
event so miserably sweltering that it defies discription, there was a
certain lady who the laurels felt strongly should not be made a laurel.
The king of that day disagreed and made her a laurel anyway and the other
laurels all left in a huff and much bad juju was felt by all, except those
who felt the laurels had got their cumuppemce and were secretly amused at
the silliness that can be SCA taken too seriously.

Hamlin