CR - Let's Fix the Central Region!

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Fri Jan 30 19:16:54 PST 1998

Donna Wallis wrote:

>       I have read all of the information on this mailing list about a Central Principality.
> I am neither Pro or Con.  I do see (and deal) with the problems that I had considered
> "Kingdom Problems".  What bothers me most (in reading this list) is everyone is
> doing a lot of talking and not a lot is being done about HOW to improve the Central
> Region.  I have lots of ideas.....this message will tackle only one.  (For those of you
> who know me, you can STOP sweating,  I've spent several days working on this
> message.  (Zara Zina you can relax)
>       As a Seneschal it would help me to know in advance what the other groups in the
> area were planning. Be it events, mini revels, demo's, fighter practices, etc.  This would
> make it so much easier to plan our local calendar.  We could then support each other.
> I find it very discouraging for the officers of our group to plan something, only to find
> out a month down the road that we are competing with our own Barony!  Sometimes
> things like this cannot be avoided and I understand this, but it still doesn't make my job
> any easier.  I'm the one who has to explain the situation to the group and answer their
> questions..... "Did we screw up on the date?, Why didn't YOU know about this? You
> attend their meetings. Aren't the things we plan important? Etc."
>       Ok, I've vented, now for the fix!   Would it be possible for the Seneschals of the
> Central Region to have a meeting (it would be great if the Baron's and Baroness' and
> anyone else so inclined would attend)?  We could talk about calendars, problems and
> solutions and get to know each other.  As Seneschals, we might even get to know each
> other well enough to keep in contact and use each other as  sounding boards or to brain
> storm, what a concept!
I have seen this time and time again. I will volunteer my time and money
and put together a central regional calendar. This calendar will have
the date, location and time for all groups meetings, fighter practices,
and guild meetings and any other thing that happens on a regular basis.
I will call all the seneschals of the central region or landed baron and
baroness and find out what will be transpiring for the next month. I
will then email this to whoever and mail a copy to the seneschals who do
not have email capability. This will provid a constant stream of
information of what group is doing what and when. We can then begin to
plan whatever together. Tell what you think? Suggestions? Comments?