CR - Regional Non-Events & Meeting Rooms

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 2 15:45:20 PST 1998

---"Michael F. Gunter" <mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > And speaking of which, there'll be a Central Regional
> > fighter practice on Feb. 15th, at Elfsea's usual practice
> > site, Randal Mill Park in Arlington, starting at noon,
> > saith the Regional Warlord, Sir Mahadi.
> > - Galen

There was a tournament scheduled at Flagpole Hill already, or I'd
try to make the other...

> Speaking of a Regional Fighter Practice, I would also like to
> see more "Regional Revels". No meetings, no court just everyone
> getting together in a hall (maybe bring a pot luck) with
> drinking, lounging and getting to know each other. Any old
> timers remember revels at Namron's loft? We want unity?
> Maybe partying with friends in a neutral environment would go
> a long way.

Hmmmm. And Freya Gerdson & his lady are now living in Central
Region, too...

Yes, I remember the Loft. From more years ago than some reading
these words may have been alive... the Woodshop in Wiesenfeur also,
though regretfully I never visited there more than five minutes or
so. Pity that the basic concept can't be resurrected for some of the
smaller, esp. college-associated, groups.

Or can it? Stable, regularly-scheduled function space with long-term
decoration. Populace meetings, guild meetings, "revels minor", and
informal gathering place for other times. Would need more of an eye
to accesibility than in the hey-day of the Loft, and more of an
acquaintance with building and safety codes I'd say.

Could go a long way to building that "sense of community" for a
single group.  In order to extend the concept to Regional level,
perhaps a start could be made with a "Gathering" on Friday nights at
events in the Region -- or elsewhere, whenever and wherever a large
contingent from the Region could come together as more than just
isolated camps and households. A "permanent floating revel"...

Hmmmm. Gonna have to cogitate on this one for a while, see what
leaches out into the stew...

> Just a thought.

Yer full of 'em, sometimes. <gryn>

===
Adieu -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com