CR - Schedule Conficts, Variety, & Concerns

Sarah Peck speckld at tenet.edu
Mon Feb 9 04:35:10 PST 1998

> > =======
> > Hmmm...This was written up in the Steppesletter before anyone
> > here knew about the War Practice, and since it has been sent
> > out to the Barony, it would be difficult to change. Perhaps
> > you could take the issue up with the head of the household
> > tonight at business meeting or beforehand so we could let as
> > many people as possible know if it gets changed. Personally,
> > I think Mahdi could have asked the senechales of the groups
> > in the central region if anything was going on *before* he
> > scheduled a practice of this importance at such short notice.

 Howdy!  Tiernan here...

Note:  I originally tried to post this message on the 3rd but for some
reason it didn't work,,,so here it goes again...

 I was not informed about the Central Regional fighter practice until
 after the SteppesLetter went out.  I try to get the newsletter out by
the 26th of each month so the Barony knows what's going on.  If I had
been informed about this practice, I would have not only published it
but informed House Norwald that there was a scheduling conflict.  I
agree that the central region needs some sort of communication and this
communication needs to trickle down to the local chroniclers so we can
inform our respective groups through our newsletters.  Sometimes
seneschals get information that doesn't get passed to the chronicler.
Then the group suffers.  Also, decisions within the group need to be
made in a timely manner so that the chroniclers can pass info on to
other chroniclers in the area.  Lady Arabella graciously sends me the
Elfsea calendar every month but because Elfsea doesn't make
calendar/schedule decisions until late in the month, I can't include
them in the SteppesLetter.

I would be glad to help all I can in organizing a central regional
calendar.  One idea would be collating all the local calendars into one
and then publishing the end product, probably within this mailing list.

 I think I'm finished ranting...at least for the moment! :)

 Tiernan