CR - Admin: File Attachments

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:24:24 PST 1998

---Arabella de Montacute <ladyarabella at hotmail.com> wrote:
> As promised Info from Rosenfeld.  Send as an attachment in
> Word 7 and for those of you who don't have that word
> processing package as a text file. If you have any questions
> please let me know.

Yowch.

Arabella, I regret to inform you that the attachments bounced
big-time from at least two user accounts, maybe more, for all three
announcements.

For folk at Greenville E-systems & PageMart, let me know in direct
e-mail if you saw *any* of the three announcements from Arabella
(Rosenfeld Demo, Fool's Court, and Dragonfire Tor). If not, I'll
forward plain-text for youse guyse/goyles if you want them.

For everyone, please try to keep attachments to a minimum, and
unless impossible otherwise, it is safer/better to place them in
ASCII TEXT format.

Arabella, thank you very much for sending this information (the
three event announcements) along. Please, I'm not picking on you
personally, your posts just happen to be the first that have
encountered a technical limitation for some users.

General Operations Query, particularly for Chroniclers:
Would it be possible / better to note availability of Word 7 (or
other word processing-format files) and then send to individuals?

===
Adios -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com

 This submission is
> exactally as they, the folks at rosenfeld, submitted it.  It was
scanned
> into my computer and I only changed what my computer couldn't read
from
> the faxed copy.
>
> Sincerely and in faithful service to Barony and Kingdom,
> Lady Arabella de Montacute

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream name=Rosenfeld1.doc
>
> Announcing - The Rosenfeld Spring Demo - April 4th, 1998
>
> 	The people of Rosenfeld wish to announce a Demo to be held
Saturday, April
> 4th 1998 in the city of Canton, Texas during the Canton First
Monday weekend.  The
> site is a mercantile park called The Mountain (see maps).  For
there of you unfamiliar
> with Canton First Monday, this is a huge trade fair held during
the weekend before the
> First Monday of each month.  During peak weekends as many as
200,000 people will
> pass through.  After searching long and hard we have found what we
believe to be the
> perfect site for a demonstration during this event.
> 	The Mountain is an independent group of shops and facilities
located on a
> beautifully wooded area at the east edge of Canton.  It was
established three years ago
> as an 'old West' theme area.  It includes over 80 shops, stores
and other facilities.  The
> management of The Mountain has extended an invitation to the SCA
to come and give
> a Demo in hopes that our participation will attract potential
customers to their shops.
> We will be free to wander the area at will, set up A&S,
performance, and combat
> demonstrations, wherever we want all at no charge to us.  We have
been asked to invite
> SCA merchants to come and see the many shops and pavilions
available for lease or
> sale at very good prices.  The management is very eager to see
this area grow and we
> believe it has tremendous potential as a site for future SCA
events and for merchants
> seeking an attractive and affordable place to sell their wares.
> 	We invite anyone interested to come and participate with us.  We
will
> welcome artisans and craftsmen, performance artists, and people to
participate in
> combat demos, both heavy and light.  There are toilet facilities
and eating
> establishments on the site, and bathrooms with showers nearby.
Traffic on a First
> Monday weekend can be rough so it is best to arrive early.  There
will be a group from
> Rosenfeld camping at the site Friday night and you are invited to
loin us.  Parking for
> shop owners and for SCA folk is on the East side of the site an
Hwy. 17.  You can
> access Hwy. 17 directly from I-2O and avoid a lot of the worst
traffic.  We will post
> SCA signs at the entrance to the parking area and the rear enhance
to The Mountain.
> No cars are allowed on the mountain from 8:00 am to 8:00 p.m.
except to load and