CR - Name and Armory Ramblings

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sat Feb 28 09:47:48 PST 1998

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Michael Richardson <mike0001 at gte.net>
wrote:
> This is completely off subject but I've been looking for a
> good norse name for my personna. These are a welcome
> addition to my list of possibilities.
>
> My Thanks, Mike Richardson, Canton of Glaslyn, Barony of the Steppes

Hie thee down to Da'ud ibn Auda's or to
Robin-and-Adelicia's.  Each of them has Geirr Bassi's _The
Old Norse Name_.  It has only names from sagas, so they're
all fine for a Norse-type, and it has explanations of name
construction (patronymics, genitives, nicknames -- may I
suggest "kastanrazi"?).

If you're not near the Steppes, your local herald or a
kingdom one nearby may still have it.  It's moderately
common, the author having been an SCA member.

Daniel Nautat{i'}k
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.