CR - Central Principality

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Wed Jan 14 18:38:13 PST 1998

Todd Marsh wrote:

> Unto the assembled nobles and gentles of Central Ansteorra, Llywelyn Gruffydd sends greetings.
>
> I am pleased to see discussion in this forum about how to improve the region.  It is my opinion that focusing our efforts on activities in the region would improve the people of the region, the entity we now call the central region, and Ansteorra.  Therefore I propose that we begin working towards the creation of a Principality.
>
> I believe that the purpose of the SCA is to educate its members.  When considering any major change, we should ask if the people affected will have more opportunities to learn, grow, and do the activities they want to do because of the change.  I think a Principality would promote more nearby events, have more offices to fill, and give people more responsibility.  Principality offices would give people a better preparation for Kingdom (or even real-world) offices than regional ones.  People in s
>
> The region would benefit from the focus.  We could start today implementing the suggestions Richard and Amra have made, but I'll bet we would get more help if we had a name and heraldry to rally around.  More events within a short drive would give more opportunities for people to get to know the SCA, or show their arts, or test their skills at combat.
>
> Ansteorra would be stronger if the region were stronger.  For example, the kingdom would benefit if a new first-time King had already been a ruling Prince (which I think is likely).  I do not foresee a time when the central region would become a separate kingdom.  The Principality army would march as one unit of the Ansteorran army at Gulf Wars.  We would still be the people of the Star.
>
> Other regions can make their own decisions.  I have no "master plan" for other principalities.  I think that Nordsteorra (northern region) would soon follow, but that is their choice.  I want this because I think it is best for us.
>
> There are 3 people in the region whose status and influence would be reduced if there were a Prince and Princess.  They are Baron Edwin, Baroness Zara Zina, and I.  A local Prince would run some courts and give some awards that we are now allowed to do.  I think that is a small price to pay for the benefits of the Principality.
>
> What do you think?  What name would we choose?  What heraldry?
>
> In Serivice,
> Llywelyn Gruffydd
> Baron of Elfsea
>
> (There, that oughta liven things up a bit around here!)

To all members of the central region. I would like to echo the words of
his excellency, about working together toward a stronger region and
therefore a stronger ansteorra. I do however believe that we should get
alot more input from our members in other areas of the region. I am
specifically talking about Graywood, Emerald Keep, and Rosenfeld. I
would propose that all the regional officers, all local seneschals, and
all central regional landed baron's and baroness's attend this meeting.
If we are going to work together to make this region stronger and
perhaps a principality we need at least to meet one another and talk
about how we are going to do this. Perhaps we could do this at an event,
during the event,or after the event on sunday, at a restaurant, or at
someone's home. Any Ideas? I would have no problem in coordinating such
a meeting if everybody would make an effort to come. Also this would be
a good time for  all regionals to meet with those seneschals you talk to
on the phone.
AS far as a name and heraldry for this region. I have no sepcific name
or device in mind, but I have always heard how rock stable this region
has been and for the most part well traveled as well.
By the way, all gentles would be welcome at this meeting. None of us who
want the region and the kingdom to become stronger, have any secret
agenda's.
in service

H.L. Richard Fairbourne