CR - Duchies

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Feb 2 09:37:51 PST 1998

> How about the term Viceroy?
> No confusion
>
> Crandall

Very nice, but I think this would come under the BoD agreement of a few years
ago when someone wanted the rank of Marquis (someone who had either ruled as
both a Landed Prince and King or someone who had ruled as Landed Prince more
than once). The BoD's final ruling was that there were enough titles in the
SCA and another one wasn't needed.

I like the term "Viceroy" for an appointed officer over a Crown's territory
and should the Central region (or whatever area for that matter) decide that
they wanted an elected ruler I think it would be a good term.

But my main feeling on this goes back to the argument we had on Principalities
last time. If it looks like a duck...

Yers,

Gunthar