CR - Caligraphers and Illuminators....

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Thu Sep 10 21:27:14 PDT 1998

> Thyra here.  Just a quick note to all the calligraphers and illuminators
> who might be on the list....

And Amra replying, dropping that requested line ...

One each junior-grade calligrapher/amateur illuminator, who
just got himself a slant-top desk and is starting to gear back up
to speed. (Beginning with some cartography at the moment.)

I ain't good, my calligraphy work is at best "functional" and
typically can make no claim on authenticity to any single
historical style. I've gone cold on illumination, too many other
things to do.

But I've got a small supply of charters that I need to
finish, plus a couple of long-standing promises for
plain documents.

> I'm also hosting a weekly charter-painting class on Thursdays (in
> conjunction with Gunthar's regular fighter practice) at our house at
> 7:30, and anyone who'd like to come help paint charters for the kingdom
> is welcome.  This is by no means meant to replace the other local guild
> meetings.

I also would note ya left out one tiny detail -- address?
Phone?

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com