CR - Strapping Tape

Bill Osterheim Polydore at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 27 04:59:09 PST 1998

Keith Hood wrote:

> Bob Dewart wrote:
> >
> >Does any one know where I can get black
> > strapping tape (filament tape)?
> >

> I know black vinyl tape and black duct tape are available at Home Depot.
>
> I have no idea if there even is such a thing as black strapping tape.  I
> can't remember ever seeing strapping tape other than the usual
> translucent sort-of-yellow.
>
> You might see if you can find some industrial plastics supply catalogs.
> Or, contact the nearest Grainger's outlet; they're usually a good source
> of odd industrial items.  Good luck, and if you do find such a thing, let
> me know.
>
>      Tomonaga

I have a Granger's catalog here, and it does list "Scotch No. 890
Premium
Industrial Grade Filament Tape" as available in black, in 3/4" and
1" sizes.  Other industrial suppliers should be able to get it, or
you can always call 3M (Scotch is one of their brands), and ask them
for a local supplier..

Polydore