CR - Heraldry Question

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Fri Jan 8 06:23:33 PST 1999

Venerable Galen, a herald's quibble:
"close" is default for heraldic owls, and most other
birds except eagles & martlets.

Arrrgh.  I my always-suspect Emmmenthaler-like memory
(cheesey, full of holes) also just slapped me and saith
that owls by default are statant, affronty, AND close.

Close implies statant for most purposes...

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (Steppes, Ansteorra)
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com