CR - Re: Heraldry - CD between flaunches and a bordure

eirik eirik at n-link.com
Mon Jan 18 17:45:29 PST 1999

There is also the old visual test, i.e. if the two look too close they may not clear.

Eirik

-

Public opinion may differ, but I point out that (as Borek mentioned)
the bordure is black and the flaunches are black with gold ermine
spots.  Further, a bordure is a stripe around the edge of the entire
shield, and flaunches are sort of broad shallow semi-circular bites
taken out of the sides of the shield.  Unfortunately, I can't find a
good WWW URL to show what they look like.  My personal reaction on
seeing them would be "huh, odd that they look slightly similar";
Your Mileage May Vary.

Daniel "if you've got it, flaunch it" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.