CR - 75% off fabric, Free Chocolate and an A

Rick Futrell RFutrell at pagemart.com
Thu Feb 4 07:14:00 PST 1999

...are all things that I won't be talking about in this e-mail. But since
your here anyway, I do have something to tell you!

Greetings All,

On Friday, February 19th the Sixth Grade class (400+, not including
parents and teachers) of Frankford Middle School in Plano, Tx will be
having a Medieval day from 8:30 AM until 3:45PM. They will be broken up
into three groups that will be led by a minimum of six interactive
stations. These stations will be manned by parents and teachers from the
school. The categories of the stations are:

*Stained Glass
*Catapulting
Teeter-board Jousting with foam "noodles"
Metal Frames
*Soap Carving

The three stations marked by the asterisks are places where we could
easily lend a hand, either through someone showing off there skill or the
temporary loan of exhibits to show period examples, such as Scrimshaw for
the soap carving booth, etc. There will also be a presentation in the
auditorium starting around 3:00, and they would like for our fighters
(Either heavy or light) to perform. Other areas of interest are a
weapons/armor display (to look at only!) and anything else we can think
of to lend a 'Medieval Air' to the event (I figure this could be anything
from Dance to Jugglers, Bards to Jewelry-makers). Media coverage is a
strong possibility.

This is the second year they have requested a demo from us, last year
Wayne showed up with a catapult and really impressed the children.   With
this being school being local and it being for such a large group, this
would really be a great opportunity for us to show off and increase our
membership. I know that it's on a Friday, I know war is right around the
corner, but if your available, please let me know.

In Service

Armando de la Cabanna
Demo Coordinator
Barony of the Steppes