CR - Re: NR - On-line Ansteorra : The Next Generation...

Chris, Christina, and Maegan cncnorman at interquest.de
Mon Apr 26 13:19:25 PDT 1999

    Phelim - Regarding your ideas of purchasing a server for the Ansteorran
pages:
    My only question is who is paying for the lease of the T1 line for this
endeavor?  Not to mention the headache of protecting the server from getting
hacked, the day to day administration of the server, the constant
maintenance to the pages, and the list goes on and on..................
    Has anyone proposed the idea of leasing space on a server through a
commercial provider?  Many of these companies will provide plenty of space
for the Ansteorran pages along with enough e-mail addresses for the Great
Officers of State along with the ability to auto-forward messages in those
mailboxes.  Also, most of these companies will take care of the hassle of
registering a domain name for the server.  The best part of all this is that
most of these services start at around $19.95.  While purchasing a server
for the kingdom sounds like a great idea . . .  if it is closely looked at
the disadvantages outweigh the benefits.

Lord Tristan of StarLake
AKMA Chris Norman, Microsoft Certified Professional
WebMaster, United States Air Forces Europe
cncnorman at interquest.de
christopher.norman at ramstein.af.mil
ICQ#28608672