ANST-Announce - Stefan's files for July

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Jun 23 18:17:00 PDT 1999

Greetings,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for July.

I am always looking for additional articles if anyone has written any that
you think would be of interest to others in the Known World.

If any newsletter editors would like to get a copy of this monthly article
for their newsletter at the beginning of the month instead of the end, just
let me know and send me your name, email address, group name and newsletter
name.

If you have any suggestions, complaints or comments about the Florilegium,
please let me know. I will be at Pennsic this year if anyone wants to speak
to me in person.

Thanks.
   Stefan

----------------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past nine years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan’s Florilegium.

The Florilegium website now has new front door site. This site is at:
http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html

While most of the files will still reside at the old address and the index
files there will still work for a while, the newest files and the latest
updated files and index files will be at the new site.

Files that are new or have been updated are indicated by a special marker
in the filelists at the website. In addition, the file -updated-files is
a listing of these files in chorological order.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the website.
This filelist or any of my files is also available from me by email in either
Word 6.0 or text formats.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at texas.net
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com

The new files for this month are:

under IMPORTANT STUFF:
   -updated-files      A list of the updated and new files in
                         chronological order since March 1999.
under ACCESSORIES:
   On-Favors-art       "On Favors" by Donal Mac Ruiseart.
under BEVERAGES:
   jalabs-msg          Drinks with a sugar or honey-syrup base such
                          as Sekanjabin (Persian Mint Drink).
under CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS:
   cookg-classes-msg   Teaching and running cooking classes.
under CHILDREN:
   child-books-msg     Children’s Medieval and Ren. history books.
under COMBAT:
   Women-Battle-art    "Women and the Art of Battle in the Late
                          Middle Ages" by Robin E. Craig.
under CRAFTS:
   pigments-msg        Period pigments. Modern sources. Safety.
   tiles-msg           Period tiles and uses. Sources. Making tiles
under DWELLINGS:
   tent-floors-msg     What to use on the ground in your tent.
under FEASTS:
   Islamic-Feast-art   "An Islamic Feast in a Barbarian Court"
                          by al-Sayyid A'aql ibn Rashid al-Zib.
under FOOD:
   cuskynoles-msg      A medieval fruit-filled pasta dish.
   fd-Iceland-msg      Food of medieval Iceland. Recipes.
   grape-leaves-msg    Use of grape leaves in cooking. Sources.
under FOOD-BOOKS:
   cb-rv-Platina-msg   Reviews of cookbooks having Platina recipes.
under FOOD-BREADS:
   wafers-msg          Period savory and sweet wafers. Recipes.
under FOOD-SWEETS-DECORATED:
   honey-msg           Period use of honey.
under LIFE-STEPS:
   bastards-msg        Period views on children of unmarried women.
under PEOPLE AND PLACES:
   St-Hildegard-msg    Hildegard von Bingen. writer. Referances.
under PERSONAS:
   Inquisitn-Gme-art   "The Inquisition Game" by Daniel of Raven’s Nest.
under PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES:
   gardening-bib       Bibliography on medieval gardening
                          by Raisya Khorivovna.
under TEXTILES:
   cotton-msg          Period cotton use.
---
Copyright 1999, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>