CR - Leather Tooling Field Trip and Class

Arabella de Montacute ladyarabella at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 12:56:21 PDT 1999

Remember there is a field trip and Leather tooling class this weekend!!!

If you are interested in attending the field trip to purchase new tools,
Please let me know so the shop owner can have them ready for us.

Aethelstan will be taking a group on the field trip to Hide Crafter at 2017
White Settlement Road in Fort Worth.  We will be meeting at the Fools Revel
site at 9:00 a.m. and leaving promptly and returning about 12:00 noon.

The shop owners have agreed to put together a beginners kit for us with
Aethelstan's specifications.  The kit includes: a back ground stamp, a
beveler stamp, pear shading stamp, small seeder stamp, a stylus, a mallet
(neoprene, not rubber), 1 yard of tracing film, a 12 inch square cutting
surface, swivel knife, and a basic leather tooling manual.  Regularly priced
this kit will run about $62.00 but the shop manager is selling it to us with
a discount at $46.50, a $15.50 savings!

We are soooo fortunate! Baron Aethelstan and Mistress Claryce have agreed to
come to our fair Barony from Namron to teach!  Aethelstan will be teaching
leather tooling and Claryce will be teaching Back Strap Card Weaving on
Sunday August 15, the day after Fools Revel.  The location Armand's
warehouse at Gene Rich Company, 2525 Ludelle Street, Fort Worth on Sunday
August 15 *at 8:00 a.m. *

	Have ready a print or drawing to trace of something you'd like to tool on
to a piece of leather.  Clipart books are a great place to start or coloring
books, but remember to keep it simple.  A first project might be a leather
favor for someone to wear.
	If you already have leather-tooling supplies don't hesitate to come to this
workshop, you might learn something new, or help Aethelstan teach also.
Don't forget to bring your current project to work on.
	Claryce will be teaching a class on card weaving with out a loom and has
cards for sale if you don't already have them.  They are $4.00 per 25.  She
has some fiber for her class, but you can bring your own.  At least three
colors make sure it's strong enough to use on an inkle loom.  Crochet Cotton
works well as do pearl cottons and carpet warp.  If you're not sure ask
someone.
	Due to their Excellencies travel schedule, the class will have to meet at
8:00 a.m. on Sunday August 15th.  That will give everyone time to get
started and well into their project and for them to get home and begin a new
week at a reasonable hour.
	We appreciate them greatly for agreeing to come and teach us!