ANST-Announce - Gothic War VIII

Connie Fielder eleanor34 at webtv.net
Wed Sep 8 09:53:02 PDT 1999

Several days have now past and I've had time to collect my
thoughts..............Gothic came and went so quickly, but I was left
with a renewed spirit and so many wonderful memories. I want to say
thanks to all who made this event special, who gave of their time and
service so so that others may take home good stories of Gothic
VIII.......we in the West are a special lot, from our Peers to our
newcomers.....that much was evident this past weekend.

 My first thoughts and gratitude go to Their Majesties for all that They
are...thank you for honoring us with Your good company!  Thank you to
Their Excellencies Llwelyn and Zara Zina, Baron & Baroness of Elfsea;
Viscount Galen and HLy Allessandre; Vallust and Ascelyn, Baron et
Baroness de Bonwicke, who gave of their time and provided selfless
service all weekend..........

Next, I say CONGRATULATIONS to our newest peer, Mistress Ulrica
Bronwynsdattir! That sounds so cool!!  A Pelican, in every sense of the
word!  CONGRATULATIONS also go to HL Gustav Hastings, our newest
Centurion! THUNDERRRRRR!!!!

Thank you to Ld Chiang ti Lung, my co-steward, who volunteered to drive
to Mendersham Friday evening and retrieve a stranded Ly Kit from Elfsea.
She got her car going by Monday, and was grateful for all the help she
received. Thank you for the advice, all the behind-the-scene help, for
being a voice of reason when I'd stress out about something...thank you,
my lord!

Thanks to Ld Toshiro Koi, who ran some wonderful Rapier competitions;
the melees were great! Thanks to Ld Marquet de la Heyt, for teaching,
for helping where help was needed.

A huge THANK YOU to Ly Aerin of Adlersruhe for her all-day, in your
face, in the heat list mistressing duties!  THANK YOU to Ly Safyia, who
ALWAYS comes through, and whose service is without measure.....THANK YOU
to Herrin Katerina for her own list duties at the torchlight tourney.

 Tremendous gratitude goes to our dedicated waterbearing crew, Ly
Marlyna and Ly Ceridwyn Wilesford, our Kingdom Waterberer. To those who
helped fill and carry water to the melee and list fields, to my Amazon
sisters from Bryn Gwlad, Ffynnon Gath and Stargate, to little Prince
Gavin, who always made sure his daddy, the king, had water! What hard
work these folks put in!!!  Want a taste of service? Waterbear for two
days and a night!

Thank you to the gate registrars, HE Vallust Baron de Bonwicke, Ly
Isabella InCarboni, Mistress Ulrica, HLy Adelaide Walchman, Ly Revekka
Karakovsky, Jadwiga Zaburyte, Ly Ealasaid-na-Ailea, Ld Uilleam
Farquharson.......

Thank you to the marshals, Dame Alicia, Sir Hildebrandt, Sir Badon, Don
Alden, Dona Kayleigh, Don Robert, HL Larkin, Ld Crandal, Sir Aaron, Ly
Brita, Herr Erazmus, and all those others that I have omitted
unintentually.....THANK YOU!

Thanks to HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson, my herald Herr Sigmund von
Halberstadt, Ld Timothy of Glastonbury for running Bardic, my MoC Ly
Margaret of Bonwicke, my Constable Ld Uilleam, Chirurgeon Herr Erazmus,
Merchant Coordinators Ly Rosina Weber and Ld James Greybeard, Ld Harold
for providing us with a tavern...THANK YOU SO MUCH.

More thanks for help and contributions to the chest and prizes go to Ly
Melanie of Bassenwaithe, Ld Chiang, Ly Ealasaid and Ld Uilleam, Ld
Bjorn, Ld Magnus von Mendersham, HLy Joanna Montgomery, Msts Gunnora
Hallakarva, HLy Janais L'Orfevre, Msts Regina de Masquer, Msts Evelyn
and Mstr Sinclair, Sir Maximillian, HLy Galiena Gruenstien, Ly Brita
MacGregor, Ld Randolph Stewert, Mstr Rosario for his generosity and his
party!  A special thanks goes to Ld Selwyn Mortimer...........so many
others who all worked to make this a fun and memorable event, Thank

My last words are for those who came back to clean and pick up the site
on Monday................. IMMEASURABLE THANKS go to HE Vallust de
Bonwicke, Ly AmaRyah de Visclo, Ly Ealasaid-na-Ailea, and Ld Uilleam
Farquharson.

Always in service,

HLy Eleanor de Broke @-->->----
Mendersham-Western Region