ANST-Announce - Stefan's file for March

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 29 22:53:52 PST 2000

Greetings to the Known World,

Here is a copy of my monthly article detailing what is new in my
Florilegium files.

I am currently behind in uploading the new and updated files to the
website by about 60 files. I hope to have this completed in the next
week
or so. So if a file mentioned below is not there, please check back in a
few more days.

The latest HTML formatted files have a new format. Please let me
know if you like it or not or if you have suggestions.

If you are going to Gulf Wars, please feel free to look me up if
you have comments about the Florilegium. My device is on the
Florilegium page and I should be camping with my barony.

Stefan

-------------------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past ten years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in a
series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

The Florilegium website now has a new address. It is: http://www.florilegium.org
The old texas.net address will work for at least another few months.

Files that are new or have been updated are indicated by a special marker
in the filelists at the website. In addition, the file -updated-files is
a listing of these files in chronological order.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me by
email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article that
would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me for possible
inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at texas.net
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com

The new files for this month are:

under BEVERAGES:
   infusions-msg       Period infusions. Herbal "teas". Barley tea.
under CRAFTS:
   Horn-Spoons-art     "Making Horn Spoons" by Mistress Gunnora
                          Hallakarva.
   metal-etching-msg   Period and modern metal etching.
under FEASTS:
   p-cooks-msg         Comments on specific period cooks.
   pot-luck-fsts-msg   Handling 'pot luck' feasts in the SCA.
under FOOD:
   horn-utn-care-msg   Care of utensils made of horn.
   snails-msg          Eating of snails in period. Recipes.
   spoons-msg          Period spoons. Referances. Construction.
under FOOD-BREADS-GRAINS:
   brd-mk-flat-msg     Period flat or unleavened bread recipes.
   porridges-msg       Period porridges and gruels.
under FOOD-BY-REGION:
   fd-Lw-Cntries-msg   Period food of the Low Countries.
under FOOD-VEGETABLES:
   olives-msg          Period olives. Processing fresh olives.
under HERALDRY:
   mottoes2-msg        More Latin mottoes and phrases.
under PEOPLE AND PLACES:
   Margery-Kemp-msg    An unusual, eccentric woman for the MA.
under PERSONAL CARE:
   p-manners-msg       Period manners. Period manners books.
under SCRIBAL ARTS:
   seals-msg           Period and modern seals and signet rings.
under STRUCTURES: (replaces DWELLINGS)
   mills-msg           Period water, wind and animal powered mills.

Here are a few of the files which have had significant additions:
   belts-msg            Medieval and SCA belts.
   breadmaking-msg      Period bread recipes and re-creations.
   cookies-msg          Period cookies. Recipes.
   corsets-msg          Tudor and Elizabethian corsets. making them.
   desserts-msg         Medieval and SCA dessert recipes. Sweets.
   fruit-apples-msg     Period apples and apple recipes.
   lea-tanning-msg      How to tan leather. Types of tanning.
   metals-msg           Medieval and modern metals and alloys.
   p-kitchens-msg       Period kitchens and kitchen staff.
   p-sex-msg            Period thoughts on sex and sexual practices.
   p-shoes-msg          Medieval footwear.
   peacocks-msg         Serving peacock sotelties safely.
   pork-msg             Use of pork in period. Pork recipes.
   puddings-msg         Medieval puddings. Recipes. Custards.
   redacting-msg        Changing period recipes into modern format.
   SCA-land-msg         SCA owned land ideas. West and Trimaris Land Funds.
   SCAweapons-msg       SCA weapons ideas. Construction tips.
   story-sources-msg    Sources for period stories.
   tents-alt-msg        Alternatives to tents for SCA events.
   trim-msg             Medieval and SCA trim for clothing.
---
Copyright 2000, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net