ANST-Announce - A&S at Gothic

Connie Fielder eleanor34 at webtv.net
Mon Sep 4 22:16:08 PDT 2000

I want to thank all the artisans who entered their marvelous works at
Gothic this weekend. There were some tough choices for the judges to
make, and everyone loved looking over the diversity of talents this
great kingdom does foster. Congrats to HLy Isobel Hadleigh for winning
the competition with her outstanding enamel work. Congratulations also
go to Ly Orianna Francesca for her Italian Ren dress, it was oohed and
awed over by everyone. Now I apologize, but the name of the 3rd place
winner escapes me at this moment, however, his hand-tooled leather jack
was flawless. Exquisite leatherwork!!! Someone please post his name, for
he deserves to be noted.

Thank you to the children who entered the 1st Children's Comp. at
Gothic. The winner was the young lady Catriona ferch Rual from Elfsea,
won won with her lovely cardwoven belt. Two young lords (someone please
post their names) from Adlersuhe were also recognized for their entries
of a marionette and a staff sling, as well as 5 year-old Brittany
Mortimer, who was crafty enough with a needle to embroider a sample of
knotwork. Well done children!

Thank you to the judges for reading the documentations and examining all
those entries so carefully; commendable work by Msts Ulrica and HLy
Augustina from Blacklake, and HL Philip White from Elfsea.

Huzzah to ALL the efforts of our artisans! Until next Gothic

in your service,

Baroness Eleanor de Broke
A&S Minister of the West