[Central] Re: [Ansteorra]The AHSS supplies are coming!

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 26 17:55:29 PDT 2003

Lisabetta and all...

God bless Muiranne! She has already taken the box and all the handouts. She
left Thursday evening. I even made her a bit late while I cut paper samples
for the Experimenation class.We need to show her great appreciation. She is
our true friend.

(My apologies for not being there. I have two funerals this weekend-one a
friend, another family. Not safe on the highway this weekend, even if I
could go, but I couldn't just leave everyone in the lurch...)

Hope you who wanted to attend my classes get the rather extensive booklet
for the Analyzing and Replicating Period Alphabets and get to try out the
Hour of Experimentation supplies I dug out of my studio and Calligraphy
Heaven's shelves, plus those that an old acquaintance, John Neal, Bookseller
sent me when I asked him for items for attendees to try out. Absorbing not
only the cost of the supplies, he also paid the entire shipping charges! My
invoice was zeroed out. He was more than a little generous, even
additionally sending a beautiful gold-colored ink, gall(?) ink and vellum
offcuts to experiment with.

I told him to send catalogs, too, so the students could see just what's out
there for calligraphers and illuminators to tinker with and to read about.

Vivat John Neal, Bookseller!

Have fun, gentles, and be sure to let him know how gracious we think him to
be to support us like he has. How many other mundane stores have done that
for us?

Lete