[Central] Lindenwood's Midsummer's Masked Ball Thank Yous!

Lady Sunnifa lindenwood_seneschal at ansteorra.org
Tue Jun 28 12:35:04 PDT 2005

Kom heil og sael!

Now that I have gathered all the names of those I wish to mention, on with
the word-fame!

I would like to thank Duchess Willow de Wisp for the loan of her lovely
wallhangings, expertise in judging our storytelling contest, and the loan
of her many rugs. They did indeed help make the atmosphere of the event
something special!

I would like to thank Her Grace's sons and His Grace Sir Johnathan for
helping us to set up the hall and hang all those many 3M hooks we used.

Thanks also to Corwin and his lady wife for their assistance, and to their
son Zach as well. Zach is the young man who was well and deservedly
praised at the event for lending his hand to setting up and making sure he
had done all he could before going to play with his peers. He was
recognized as the Prince of the Ball.

Many thanks to Honorable Lady Suzanna the Herbalist for helping both to
set up and clear up!

A good measure of gratitude also to Master Philip White, our Dance Master
for the event, for his knowledge and patient instructions!

A debt of gratitude is also owed those two ladies who sat our gate, Lady
Maria Cabaca de Vaca and Lady Aimiliona of Hare's Keep. Lady Maria also
fashioned our site tokens and helped to keep me grounded during set-up and
clean-up!

As always, Mistress Kalida Aristana was more than generous with our
Canton, donating four lovely mugs at quite the last minute for a silent
auction that helped us to raise enough money to break even on our
expenses. She is truly a Peer beyond measure!

Much thanks also to Sir Thorkel Magnusson for toting and loading grills
and much heavy work!

I would be incredibly remiss to omit Honorable Lady Saqra, our Feast
Steward for the evening. Everything was wonderful, and there was plenty of
it! She has already given her praise to those who helped her both in
pre-event prep and on-site, and I would like to second her words with a
hearty Vivat!

Mistress Xene was most gracious in hosting a pillow-making night in her
own home, where several of the lovely pillow covers were created. I wish I
had been able to attend! Thank you!

I was both honored and pleased by the presence of so many attendees from
both Lindenwood and the other local groups in the DFW area. Thank you, to
you as well, for our guests are why we do this!

There were also several for whom this event was their first SCA event, and
I could not be more pleased that two of them were also winners of our
contests! I sincerely hope that they will continue in the society and that
this will be a special memory for them that they cherish for years to
come.

There are also others whose names I did not capture who lent a hand in
setting up or tearing down, in addition to those mentioned above. Thank
you, thank you, thank you!

Lasty, I would like to thank Their Excellencies Steppes, Mahdi and
Valeria, for gracing us with their presence and words and generous
spirits.

Recovering, but still...

YIS,
Lady Sunnifa Eiriksdottir
Event Steward and Lindenwood's Seneschal