[Central] Joint War Practice - 11-6-2005

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue Nov 8 14:02:48 PST 2005

Heilsa,

An apology if some of you received this message more than once.
It was suggested to send this out to a wider audience than normal.

Day bright and sunny
Humidity climbing
Cooling Breeze
9 below record - 89

18 became 19
Witness by HRH Sir Mahdi
Roses were attended

'Boys week of By
Helms holding horns, long golden locks
  -  Skinned Lions

People in armor:  17
Children:  6
Total in attendance: 46

The attendance included Lord Raul with his family
   and friends from Bonwicke.
Lord Cathal from Loch Ruadh made the journey.

Do hope that all who attended enjoyed themselves, be
it on the field in and/or both the Joint War Practice and
the Buckler Tournament afterward. Plus, those who came
out to support all the fighters, from the sidelines. Thank you
to each of you.

Weapons used this day:
Sword
Great Sword
Fiberglass Spear
Recurve bow

Shields used this day:
Heater
Round
Buckler
War Shield - Condottieri
Rectangle Shield

Schedule of certain events:

Normal Fighter Practice
Sunday Afternoons 2 PM to 6 PM
Mary Heads Carter (MHC) Park, Carrollton
Loaner Armor available - 1st come, 1st serve

November 11th, 12th, and 13th -
CLASH OF THE TARTANS
( otherwise known as 3 Kings - see entire message on Ansteorra list)

November 13th:
There will be some people who will be at MHC on Sunday afternoon,
regular start time (2 PM), so if you did not get enough fighting in at 3
Kings,
then come out or just want to enjoy the park.
 There might be some loaner armor available.
Lord Hrafn Olafsson (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan) - Steppes Knight Marshal,
might be able to make it back from 3 Kings as well.

Schedule for War Practices:
Currently - there was some discussion concerning the next War Practice
and it was express that with the holiday season approaching with all the
Yules and other such activities that everyone would not be able to attend.

The initial feedback was that there will be more War Practices,
 looking at one per month. In other words, those who can and able to
attend, the schedule is being review now.

So, stay tune and just as soon as I hear, will post the next date for this
practice, which will be in December - possible 1st Sunday of the month.

The usual reminder:
Please bring at least 1 gallon or more of water and gatorade. I
recommend 2 gallons of fluids and snacks to replenish your
energy levels. Plus, various types of snacks - cold pickles
- oranges - energy bars - etc...
- Bring Chairs for you to sit upon. There are two water fountains in the
park, plus
there are several stores close by that carry these items and more.

Fighter Practice involves just that - practice and training.
To reach our goals, then both words come into focus.

Training involves separate levels -
Basic level to "good"
Man-At-Arms and/or Squire entry level
Centurion level
Tournament level

In attendance this day:

I know that I missed at least two good gentles and will take this space
to apology to them for not speaking with them and thanking them for
coming out this past Sunday. The only excuse that I have, was just
a tad busy - it is the best one that I have. :)

HRH Sir Baron Qadi 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim
    with son, Alexander

HE Armand Dragonetti  - Baron of Elfsea,  Squire to Sir Romanius

Sir Romanius (Elfsea)
   and his lady, Lady Deanna

Clan Ross:
Centurion Morgan Buchanan (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan)  - Central Region
Knight Marshal
Centurion Tomas Niallagain (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan)  - Captain of
Elfsea Baronial Guard
    and his lady,
      HL Rixende de Rouen (Cadet to Master Robin) - Seneschal of Elfsea.
HL Mary Elisabeth
Lord Hrafn Olafsson (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan) - Steppes Knight Marshal
     and his lady,
        Lady Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa (Apprentice to Duchess Larissa)
Iliana

Friends of House Porto:
Lord Geoffrey (Squire to His Grace, Sir Duke Miguel)
 and his lady, Lady Katheryn Cunningghame - Steppes Hospitaler

Condottieri:
Lord CinaedOHosey and children
   daugther - Tori
   and sons - Jon and Nikko
Lord Michael Kettering

House Arkham:
  HL William Blackdragon

Master Robin of Gilwell
Master Philip

HL Chiara Francecsa Arianna d'Onofri,
  Captain of the Steppes Baronial Guard and Apprentice to Master Fritz
   Head of Entourage of TRH's,
      HRH Sir Qadi 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim
          and his lady, HRH Valeria Richila Navarro

HL Fearghus MacKenna (Elfsea)  - Central Regional Archery Marshal

Lady Gabriele
Lady Honour du Bois (Elfsea)

Lord Eirikr Elgr
   and his lady, Lady Elinor Salter
    and son - Ian

Lord Lochlen Dunn, Squire to Sir Drake (Elfsea)
   son - Ian

Lord Raul de Long (all from Bonwicke)
  accompanying
    Angela
     Roger
     Blake
     Maria
     Sheila

Lord Jasper Codrington (Elfsea)

Cathal Finn O'Brian  (Loch Ruadh)

Lord Faelan Caimbeul,
   and his lady, Lady Regan Campbell

Tereysa di Sorrano (Elfsea)

Cynthia
Brittany
Andrew

Warm up bouts prior to War Practice and Buckler Tournament:

Lord Lochlen with buckler and sword
      vs Lord Hrafn with buckler and sword
Lord Lochlen with buckler and sword
      vs Centurion Morgan with buckler and sword
Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword
      vs Lord Lochlen with buckler and sword
Lord Hrafn with buckler and sword
       vs Lord CinaedOHosey with buckler and sword
Master Robin with single sword
        vs Lord Geoffrey with sword and inverted sword
Lady Honour with sword and inverted sword
         vs Master Philip with heater and sword

I will post a caveat here - the individuals and their
weapons being employed is what I recall - hopefully
my memory is in good order here. :)
I seem to recall that there were two spears, one on
each side and at the moment can not remember
who was carrying the other spear. Perhaps it was
Baron Armand.

Joint War Practice scenarios:
HRH Sir Mahdi overseeing and setting up each scenario.
The scenarios involved a mixture of open field,
limited open field, bridge and gate, with resurrections.
With the sides switching positions on the field.

There was only one combat archer on the field to
support HRH Sir Mahdi and the fighters at this Joint
War Practice - Lord Michael Kettering.
At the direction of HRH Sir Mahdi, combat
archery was included within certain scenarios.
When combat archery was involved, the combat
archer was  roaming and shooting at only one side
- which was determined by the scenario.

Side One -
Centurion Morgan with heater and sword
      (commanding)
Lord CinaedOHosey with war shield and sword
Lord Hrafn with fiberglass spear
Lady Honour with heater and sword
Lord Raul with shield and sword
Lord Geoffrey with rectangle and sword
Lord Lochlen with shield and sword

Side Two -
Centurion Tomas with heater and sword
      (commanding)
Baron Armand with rectangle shield and sword
Lord Jasper with shield and sword
Lord Eirikr with great sword
Master Robin with heater and sword
Lord Karolus with heater and sword
Lord Cathal with shield and sword
Lord Faelan Caimbeul with shield and sword

YIS,
 Lord Michael Kettering
  Combat Archer for the Condottieri
  King's Archer