[Central] Regional Virtual Scribe openings

Kingdom Webminister vscribe at ansteorra.org
Mon Aug 25 10:57:37 PDT 2008

>From The Kingdom Webminister

Greetings Ansteorra!

Once again I am reposting the job openings for the Regional offices which
close at the end of August 2008. We have a few applications but it would be
good to have more. :)

I would like to add to this that your skills as a diplomat are needed more
than a technical guru. :)

Thank you to everyone that showed up at RT! :)

As many of you know by now the office of the Webminister is undergoing many
great and wonderful changes at the Corporate level. It is now just a matter
of time before each kingdom follows suit. To that end we  are once again in
need of opening up the Regional Virtual Scribes offices in our Kingdom.

There are many reasons for this need. First and foremost is that a regional
officer is a valuable link in the chain of command. Something that has not
been needed for some years in this office but something that the Kingdom
Chronicler and I both have felt has been needed. Although some of you feel
that our kingdom is shrinking he and I see that it is not. There is growth.
With that growth comes up situations that a Regional is best suited to
handle since they are there in the middle of it all and travel for a Kingdom
Officer is becoming a luxury that may no longer be as easily possible as it
was before with our gas prices going as they are. Travel expenses is a long
discussed subject, one that has shown up on our mailing lists almost once a
month in the last 6 years.

Regional Offices needed to be filled:
Northern
Southern
Coastal
Central

Qualifications for this office are as follows:
--This is a warranted position and as such you must be a Paid member of the
society.

--Cannot be currently be serving as the Regional Seneschal or Regional
Chronicler of your own region.

--Must have reliable internet connection and reliable email.

--Must be able to maintain your Regional Website, work in HTML, PHP,
JavaScript, CSS, and create graphics, (FrontPage and Microsoft extensions
are not supported by this server).

--Must be familiar and willing to learn with CMS systems such as Joomla,
Drupal, and Moodle.

--Be able to subscribe to the Regional, RedTape, and Webministers mailing
lists at minimum.

--The candidate is suggested to be familiar with how to code to keep up our
IRCA rating (http://www.icra.org/about/) which keeps us in compliance with
conformance level Double-A of the WCAG. This is only _suggested_ criteria as
a part of our Non-profit status.

--Please download the EPM policy for further information and the Ansteorra
Virtual Scribe Handbook on other qualifications and requirements that are
society and kingdom specific.
Go to: http://www.sca.org/docs/welcome.html and download the EPMPolicies,
the Chronicler Policy, and read over the Ansteorra Webminister Hand book:
http http://webminister.ansteorra.org/vscribe-handbook.php

Applications will be accepted until the end of August. Positions will be
filled at the end of September.

HE Chiara Francesca
Kingdom WebMinister, Ansteorra