[Central] TENTATIVE for Elfsea Defender: A&S 50 Challenge "gathering"

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 07:31:11 PDT 2009

Just in case all y'all haven't seen enough of these yet, I intend to lead an informal gathering & discussion of the A&S 50 Challenge during the day Saturday at Elfsea Defender.

Exact place and time TBD -- the steward for the event has only requested that we "place it where it will interfere with the least amount of other activities" -- but I'll try and find an appropriate space following the main Lysts, then make sure the announcement heralds and other appropriate placards spread the word.

Expected format (semi-blatantly carried away from my recent experiences as a guest in Northshield):

* brief introduction of the A&S 50 concept & formats

* individual introductions & (short) show&tell

* idea exchange

* wrap-up

For those who may not already know, the A&S 50 Challenge is a self-judged challenge to create fifty new items related to Breadth, Depth, or Persona by Anno Societatis 50 (we are just about to enter AS44, on May Day).  Breadth is intended to represent new areas in your experience, Depth is for more detail / greater complexity in areas you already "know", and Persona entails items that your persona would have known or used in the normal course of their lives.  What constitutes an "item" is part of that self-judged concept.  For the serious Challenger, it is even possible to mount an all-out assault on your senses and sanity and participate in multiple Challenges.

I intend to be "findable" most of the event even if you can't make it to the semi-formal session, either making or doing or being.

50(x3) by 50!
Amra
crazy-person, candle-lighter, & Challenger

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe /

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen