[Central] Status of our Combat Archery Tournament at Steppes Warlord:

ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 22 06:20:01 PDT 2009

Good morning all,

I wish I had better news however as of this morning we have not
heard anything concerning the possibility of granting our one day
authorization from the Society CAM or Kingdom archery marshal.

I will be leaving for site within hours so my time has run out and
I shall not be able to check emails after I depart, our last hope is
if Baron Michel hears something before he gets on site.

Unless we hear different we shall carry on as originally planed for
the tournament, only currently authorized combat archers shall
be allowed to participate within the combat archery tournament.

So bring your authorization cards, armor, rapier gear or kit and
your appropriate combat archery gear to enter the tournament on
Sunday morning.  Be prepared to be inspected so arrive early.

Remember you cannot use balders against the rapier combat
archers.  Be advised we have bolts but do not have combat
arrows to loan.  All rounds will be timed and each participant
shall be limited to only twelve combat missiles per round.

Whether we run a single or double elimination shall depend
upon the number of participants and available time.  Prize for
the winner of the combat archery tournament is a combat
crossbow.

Don't forget we do have a war practice taking place Sunday
morning as well so while you're already in your armor ya might
want to plan to spend a little time on the on the melee field too.

We do have a great schedule full of archery planed for Steppes
Warlord during this event so come join us for fun filled weekend
of lofting missiles down range!  Oh yeah.... there's lots of other
non-archery fun stuff you can do at the event as well, but you
know where I'll be!

Everyone have a safe journey and we'll see ya on the archery
range!

Regards,

Ironwyrm (aka HL William Black Dragon)