[Central] William Tell Shoot at Steppes Warlord XL 2013:

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 12 20:05:35 PDT 2013

Greetings Ansteorra,

Come join us for our William Tell Shoot at Steppes
Warlord XL!  Become part of the legend, refuse to
bow to Gessler's hat and win our prize by shooting
the apple on Wee Willie's pumpkin head!  Not quite
how you remember the story?  Well our version is
more fun anyway, no one risks injury, death or
imprisonment and our most skillful archer wins a
vintage sterling silver apple brooch!

William Tell Shoots rules:  Our contest is open to all
bowmen & crossbowmen (must supply own equipment).
Target starts at 40 yards and moves 5 yards closer for
each full end the apple goes unscathed.  Each archer
gets two shots per end at the apple upon Wee Willie's
head.  Hit Willie and you lose your next shot.  Be the
only archer to hit the apple on Willie's head within an
end and that silver apple prize is yours.  Should more
than one archer score a hit upon the apple within the
same round the winner shall be determined by the
greater number of hits.  In the case of a tie those
archers shall continue until we have a clear winner.
Test your skill against our Kingdom's best archers
gathered to compete for the silver within our last
archery tournament for the day!

Our William Tell Shoot shall begin following the
conclusion of our Steppes Archer Tournament on
Saturday after a brief period for sign in and target
changing of about thirty minutes.  The prize for this
tournament is traditionally awarded upon the archery
range by our highest ranking noble or marshal present.

So come join us at Steppes Warlord XL for our fun
little end of the day's tournament of skill.  Our winner
shall walk away with all the bragging rights and
a sterling silver apple as a tribute to their accuracy!

We hope to see you there!

Regards,

HL William Black Dragon
Archery Marshal at Large Steppes, Ansteorra