[Chemin-noir] a question about your name

OttokarLuther at aol.com OttokarLuther at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 21:45:21 PDT 2005

ok the reason we are called the black road short version hwy. 75 runs
between Northkeep and Calonteer.
we wanted to be called the kings road but that was already taken by a group
in another kingdom than we thought about the sable road but the heralds  had
problems with that after a several long discussions we settled on a  Norman
type name because we were founded long after Northkeep and they were more  or
less Norse. since we were a canton of a barony and several of the founding
members were baronial guards we kinda came up with the idea that we would be  like
a military encampment that was set up by the barony to levy taxes on the
goods traveling through this part of the baronial holdings. often times way
points such as this were simply known by the road name that they were on. so  back
to the sable road hwy. 75 runs from the southern tip of Texas to the  northern
border of Oklahoma so truly a kings road because it runs completely  across
the kingdom. ok to pull it all together if the sable star is the  symbol of the
kingdom and the king is the kingdom it kinda like its the kings  star so with
that as base the sable road would be the kings road and in French  or Norman
the black road is Chemin Noir, (even though some people may  translate it
black path/way, dark path/way and think it has some secret meaning  to satanic
rites) there dose not seem to be a correct French word to  represent road the
way we mean it so we settled on Chemin. we also thought about  Gaelic (i cant
remember the words used) the closest we could get was in  translation "many wide
black men   and German swartzen  strassa pronounced SFARTEN STROUSSSSA , and
English Rhode  Blake (spelling is probably wrong but you get the idea) it
sorta  translate to dark trail or path with an evil connotation

There is more but I wont bore you with it.