CR - Michael Silverhands is home and fine

Kim Tucker neassa at swbell.net
Wed Aug 11 01:41:34 PDT 1999

Hi, everyone:

Mikey here (using Neassa's computer).

Some of you may have heard that I had a close encounter of the thug kind
tonight (it's still Tuesday for us). I'm a bit beat up, but they failed
in their primary objective (taking my life) and all their secondary
objectives (taking my stuff). In fact, I seem to have come out a wrench
ahead (the one they were foolishly hitting me in the head with - hah!).
I now have medical proof that my head contains whatever heads are
supposed to contain, and nothing extra (except for a few new stitches).

I very much appreciate having the wonderful friends I could run to for
help at the Tuesday night fighter practice at U of H... entrance 13, off
Cullen, Tuesdays at 7 pm... sorry, I couldn't resist the plug for
fighter practice. :-)

My extra thanks to the kind souls (Rhodri and Kaitlyn?) who drove my car
home for me, despite the fact it's kinda hard to see through the
windshield at the time (the thugs gave me a parting gesture of a cinder
block through it).

I won't quit stopping to help people who look like they need help; but
maybe I'll be more careful about where I stop. It was a bad thing that
happened, but it could have been much, much worse.

Yours with continued faith in the good in most of us,
Michael

PS: Hi, Neassa here. The final tally is 5 stitches, one very black eye,
and a sore face, shoulder, and neck. The x-rays say nothing is broken,
and the head CT said Michael is normal (pretty shocking when you think
about it). Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of the folks at
fighter practice who took care of Michael, and then dealt with all of
our stuff there.

One last note: the emergency room had a good laugh when they found out
that Michael was on his way to practice Medieval combat styles,
especially when they found out that one of the thugs had grabbed
Michael's glaive out of the Jeep and hit him with it, only to have
Michael take it away and return the favor. I love my husband.
--
Absolutely *NO* rasta-phibians!