ANST-Announce - King's College Site Rules

Leslie Miller Miller at pp.okstate.edu
Thu Jun 17 16:07:58 PDT 1999

I thought some of you might be interested in reading these in
advance.

King's College Site Rules

Site:

Parking will be limited at the Community Center, but there are
several parking lots within walking distance (just 2 or 3 blocks
away - and these are small blocks).  We have been given
permission to use the parking lot for the First Baptist Church to the
north of site, and the Methodist Church across Duck St.

If you wish to talk and gather with friends, please do so in the
cafeteria.  Because of the large number of classes being offered,
some classes have actually been scheduled in the hallways and
lobbies.  Please do not loiter and chat in the main building.   We
will have individuals in Mooneschadowe tabards walking the
hallways during class times to ensure that classes are not
disrupted.  If one of them asks you to move to the cafeteria, please
comply with their request with the courtesy expected of our
members.

Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings. There is a covered
walkway nestled between the buildings where smokers can gather.

The site is dry.  Brewing and vintning classes are allowed.  Those
21 and under may not partake in any tasting of alcoholic beverages
in brewing and vintning classes.

Only working utility dogs will be allowed inside the Community
Center and cafeteria.

A limited amount of  space for merchants is available inside the
cafeteria.  When cafeteria space is filled, merchants will have to
set up outside.

Handicap Access:

The site is handicap accessible.  However, mobility impaired
persons will need to access the South Stage Room (6) through the
library mechanical room.  Access to the North Stage Room (7) is
from the outside (north side of the building).  Please find someone
in a Mooneschadowe tabard if you need assistance accessing any
rooms or areas.

Classes:

We have approximately 11 tracks of classes running
simultaneously all day, so it will be absolutely imperative to start
and end classes on time. To help with this, we will have people in
Mooneschadowe tabards enter classes at approximately 10
minutes to the hour to give the instructors a 5 minute warning. Hour
classes will, in fact, be 55 minutes long so that students have 5
minutes to get to their next class or take care of any personal
business between classes.

Your help in ending classes on time will be very much appreciated.
If necessary, however, a class can be extended through a change
in location to the cafeteria (which will be "the noisy area" where the
tavern is located, so take heed.)

Classes with set participant limits will have sign-up sheets at gate.
These sheets will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.  If the
sheet is filled, and you really want to attend the class, you are
encouraged to go to the classroom in case one of the signees
does not show up.  Instructors have final say on class attendance
limits.  Please respect their decisions.  In some cases, class size
will be dictated by classroom space.

Changes in the class schedule will be posted on the class change
board at the gate.

Miscellaneous:

There are several restaurants very near to the Community Center.
If you are interested in leaving site to find food, restaurant lists and
directions will be provided at gate (until 2:00pm).

The location for the evening ball will be announced at court.

The time and location for the Laurel’s Circle will be announced
when it is determined.

The event steward (autocrat) and the City of Stillwater Community
Center reserve the right to revise these rules as necessary.

Thank you,
Gunhilda