CR - Stargate's A&S Guilds

delphina de champeaux delphina9 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 19:23:14 PST 1999

Greetings to One and All,

There are some wonderful things happening at our guild meetings.  If you
can attend, you are very welcomed.

Guild Principals feel free to add any information (or corrections) to
this posting.

Our Dance Guild is meeting every Thursday night at 7:00.  This a very
active guild and is a place to go for great fun and learning.  Madame
Perronnell's home is the meeting place.  Please call her for more
information 281-277-4055.  (Squire's is soon.)

Dance also happens on Sunday at 2:00 at HL Ihon's church.  Give him a
call for information and directions. 713-956-0046. (again, Squire's is
soon.)

Weaving Guild has been discussing making a warp weighted loom at some
event in the future and are going to be reviewing 4 harness Damask
weaving and patterns.  They meet on the first and third Wednesday at
7:00. Please call Lady Klare for location (they travel a lot) and
directions. 281-859-3043.

Charter Painting Guild meets at Lady Vasalisa's home on the third
Tuesday 8:00-10:00.  If you like to paint please come, if you think that
you might like to learn to paint please come.  You do not need to have
any supplies.  Call Vasalisa at 713-686-9883 for more information.

Charter Painting Party will be Saturday April 10th at Lord Dale's home
from 10am to 6pm.  This has been a great success in the past and is a
fun time.  Call Dale for directions and information 281-277-7197.

Chivalric Armoring Guild meet every Tuesday 7-10 at Lord Random's home.
The topic of late has been helms with several members either re-doing
theirs or making a new.  Call Random at 713-686-9883 for directions.

Costumer's Discussion Group meet at my house on the 2nd Monday.  We are
discussing fitting problems and fabric choices.  I will be moving this
weekend so please call for directions. 713-664-1882 (Note: we do not
actually sew at this guild but get together to discuss different topics
of costuming)

Literary Salon (Book Club) get together on the 4th Monday.  We are
reading  "The Medieval Reader".  This is a collection of short stories
and essays written in the Middle Ages or about the Middle Ages. This
makes it very easy to join in the fun.  No catch up reading! Please call
HL Beatrix for the reading selection and more information.

Lace Maker's Guild meets on the 4th Wednesday at my house.  We are now
learning bobbin lace and some needle laces.  for more information please
call me at 713-664-1882.

Homemaker's Guild will meet on the 2nd Wednesday and will cover a wide
range of topics.  (The meat pie postings have been caused by this
guild.)  For more information please contact Baroness Neassa at
713-983-9597.  Honestly, with all this talk about meat pies, I have
forgotten what the first topic will be.

I Remain, In Service,
To Barony, Kingdom and the Dream,
H.L. Delphina de Champeaux