CR - TRF Activities

Kathryn Norris katin01 at email.msn.com
Thu Oct 21 18:37:32 PDT 1999

Just a reminder to all of you that TRF is going strong, but we welcome your
help. The weather this weekend should also prove to be wonderful. See ya at
the Faire! --Caitlin

For those of you who are wondering what to do at TRF:  All SCA members are
required to work 3 hours per day to pay for their weekend/daily pass into
the TRF.  Here are some ideas as to what you can do...
Run games (collect money, explain rules, hawk games)
· Skittles (medieval bowling on a string)
· and Toss the Rogue and Pitch the Wench (coin tossing)

Bring Arts and Sciences items to work on and/or display.  These do not have
to be prepared in a period manner unless you normally would.  We are trying
to show off how we do things in the SCA.  It helps if you can answer
questions and tell a little about what you are doing and how it would have
been done in the middle ages.
 · Mask Making (this is the Year of the Masks at TRF)
· Dance (both European and Middle Eastern)
· Chain Mail, Armor Making
· Weaving, Sewing, Embroidery
· Bobbin Lace Making
· Calligraphy, Limning, Charter Painting
· Music - singing, Bardic, instrumental
· Hawking
· Jewelry making
· Street Performance and Entertainment, Juggling
· Soap Making
· Herbalism
· Cooking, Brewing
· Cobbling
· Leatherwork
· Basketweaving
· Heraldry - blazoning

Regular jobs at TRF
Fighting - both Chivalric and Rapier (times 10am, 11am, 3pm and 4pm, or
pickup fights in the compound)
Marshals - keeping the fighting safe
Voice Heralding - needed to announce the battles
Crowd control - good for SCA newcomers - keep crowds back from fighting
field for safety
Waterbearing - also good for newcomers - walk around battle mound and
encourage fighters and marshals to drink lots of water
Info. Booth - good for people who have been in the SCA for 2 years or more -
sit in the front booth and explain the SCA to all interested parties.
Parade - TRF has a parade throughout the whole area at 12noon and requires
us to carry our banner and smiles.

A couple of the rules at TRF:
Everyone must wear a hat or headpiece (flower wreaths are easy) and shoes.
No alcohol before closing (evening cannon boom).
Treat all TRF royalty and participants with respect.  We are their guests
and do not want to ruin our welcome.  Also treat the mundanes well so that
they will want to join our crowd.
If you have any further questions, please ask Yoshi, Fo or Random.  Each of
the regular jobs has a coordinator who can also help answer questions.  I am
the coordinator of the Information Booth.  Please ask if you have any
questions.

Kathryn Norris - Houston Tx USA - email: katin01 at email.msn.com
Caitlin bean Ghearailt - Barony of Stargate - Kingdom of Ansteorra
Per pale gules and argent, a roundel and bordure counterchanged