CR - Fighter practice

Kim Tucker neassa at swbell.net
Wed Aug 2 22:30:12 PDT 2000

Greetings from Neassa,

Many of you may have heard us talking about what a great thing we have
going in fighter practice lately since the Loch and Stargate decided to
get together and combine practices. Over the last couple of months I
have finally got my record keeping standardized and thought I would
share a few numbers with the rest of the world. I'll also name the
Knights and Dons who were present (plus a few others), just in case
there are any more fighters out there wondering who will be there to
teach at practice.

6/13/00 - 48 people at practice.
  11 Chivalric fighters: Sir Rhodri and Sir Godwin. And Centurion
Ulsted, the new Kingdom Warlord.
  12 Rapier fighters: Don Christoforo, Don Modius, Don Robert, and Don
Ettiene.

6/20/00 - 35 people at practice.
  5 Chivalric fighters: Sir Rhodri
  8 Rapier fighters: Don Aeron, Don Christoforo, and Don David.

6/27/00 - 60 people at practice.
  15 Chivalaric fighters: Sir William, Sir Rhodri, Sir Godwin, and the
Kingdom Warlord - Centurion Ulsted.
  14 Rapier fighters: Don Ettiene, Don Christoforo, and Don David (but
he was playing with the heavy guys).

7/4/00
  Holiday!

7/11/00 - 65 people at practice.
  17 Chivalric fighters: Sir William, Sir Godwin, Sir Alexis, and our
ever popular Kingdom Warlord - Centurion Ulsted. :)
  14 Rapier fighters: Don Aeron, Don Ettiene, Don Christoforo, Don David
(fighting chivalric), and Don Ericus from Bordermarch.

7/18/00 - 32 people at practice.
  8 Chivalric fighters: Sir William and Sir Godwin.
  8 Rapier fighters: Don Ettiene, Don Christoforo, and Don Modius.

7/25/00 - 73 people at practice.
  18 Chivalric fighters: Sir Galen, Sir William, Sir Rhodri, Sir Godwin
(fighting rapier tonight), Centurion Ulsted (I can probably stop writing
Kingdom Warlord...), and Jasper Codrington of Bonwicke - the Western
Regional Warlord.
  15 Rapier fighters: Don Aeron, Don Ettiene, and Don Christoforo.

8/1/00 - 54 people at practice.
  18 Chivalric fighters: Sir Galen, Sir William, Sir Godwin, Centurion
Ulsted, Sir Alexis, and Sir Simonn from Bordermarch.
  12 Rapier fighters: Don Aeron and Don Ettiene.

Lots of things happen at fighter practice besides fighting.

  - 1st Tuesday: Middle Eastern dance practice, held inside the chapel
and therefore air-conditioned. (This is also held on the 4th Tuesday.)

  - 2nd Tuesday: Music Guild, also held in the air-conditioned chapel.
Bardic Guild follows Music Guild, and this is also Stargate Homemakers'
Guild night.

  - 3rd Tuesday: No guilds this night since it is against both the
Loch's and Westgate's populace meetings. You did notice how we dropped
down to just 30 or so people in attendance on the 3rd Tuesday, didn't
you?

  - 4th Tuesday: Middle Eastern dance in the chapel, and Lady Suzanne is
there offering calligraphy lessons to any who wish to learn.

See you at fighter practice! Remember that the 1st Tuesday is melee
practice night and we almost always have Bordermarch visiting then.

Love,
Neassa