CR - Squire's lost and found and thanks

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 12 18:29:55 PST 2000

Greetings,

In order to help keep court short at Squire's, like many in recent months I held off making my thanks to do so in person, and here as well.  I apologize for taking so long to give a heartfelt thanks to those who put on such a great event.  I could not have done it without any one of them.  Especially Baron Ulstead and Baroness Cateau, who gave up weeknights every week for months in the forlorn hope that someone would show up to help them make all of the lovely decorations around the field.  They did receive help, but the lions share of the burden they bore alone. Also, let me thank my heraldic coordinator, Baron Leofric who helped me put together the Heraldic section of the lists that were so much fun.  HL Mairi, who was my site coordinator and did all of the nasty legwork of getting the site/privies/etc. arranged so I didn't have to do it myself.  Lady Giovanna who ran the water bearing, Lady Kathryn, who ran the equestrian, Lady Jasmine, who ran our children's activities, HL Ihon and crew for running the gate, Don Etienne for his work on the rapier tournaments, HL Breoghan for coordinating the Bardic, Personna, and comportment judging, and Lord Mahee for coordinating the A&S Judging.  And I cannot give enough thanks to all of the judges who gave their time and put in all of the effort to be thorough and fair in such a difficult scenario for judging. And absolutely hats off to Master Arachna the red and his crew for providing badly needed hot food in what turned out to be a _very_ chilly evening. There are of course many others that pitched in and help, and if I have failed to mention someone blame it on one to many shots to the head and please forgive me.

On another note, I have several items of lost and found.  Let me know if any of them are yours and we will try to arrange a way to get them to you.

a black nylon folding chair with arms
a green Coleman folding stool with a back
a blue nylon folding chair
a pewter goblet
a wooden pin, looks like a sable comet?
a blue, a green, and a pink bead necklace
a long green pennant (someone said this might belong to Master Francois)
a blue enameled plate and bowl
a bamboo container (for drinking?) with a blackstar on it with XX for twentieth

With sincere gratitude to all concerned,

Graf Galen Kirchenbauer
Event Steward

Galen W. Bevel
galenbv at ix.netcom.com