ANST-Announce - Southern Regional Festival

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Mon Feb 28 16:28:37 PST 2000

Greetings.  Just wanted to get the word out about our Southern Regional
Festival.  This is actually the April Event Announcement...much more
info than you'll see in the March Blackstar....

Also... check out the Southern Regional Website...lots of Info there.
http://southern.ansteorra.org

Come One, Come All to the
Southern Regional Festival!
March 31 - April 2, 2000
___________________________________

A Grand Time will be had by all as we gather at The Stones of Ravensfort
to host a weekend of pageantry, fun, feasting and competition.

Celebrate our joyous return from war by lifting once more your weapons
in our Armored, Rapier and Archery competitions! A new Southern Regional
Warlord, and Rapier Champion who will fulfill a similar role, will be
selected from amongst the Southern Regional residents in these lists.
All may enter, however, and prove themselves victorious upon the field.
There will be several archery competitions, one of which will be an
archer's duel between Southern Regional residents, to select our new
Regional Archery Champion.

Arts and Sciences will feature a Laurel's Prize tourney, in which
Southern Regional residents are requested to display with their local
group, a single piece, with at least minimal documentation, created
within the last year.  Those from outside the region may display as
individuals or groups.  A firelight Bardic competition will conclude
with the choice of our final champion, the Southern Regional Bard.

Many other activities, including excellent arrow-funding breakfasts,
youth rapier and boffer, charter painting, a voice heraldry triathelon,
an Armored torchlight tourney, and a variety of classes, will take place
throughout the weekend!

Mistresses Clarissa and Meadbhb are once more teaming up, to prepare a
cool-weather medieval European feast.  It will feature herb cheese and
bread, chicken in bruet (chicken stew), roast beef with sauce, mushroom
tarts, carrots glazed with honey, pears in plum sauce and excellent
cakes.  For reservations (125 available) contact Clarissa di Firenze at
512/990-7306 or difirenze at usa.net.

Site opens at 5 PM Friday and closes at 2 PM Sunday.  Admittance is
$5.00 site, $6.00 feast.  Please make checks payable to SCA Inc, Barony
of Bryn Gwlad.

The Stones of Ravensfort is a primitive site and is discretely wet.
Pets must be leashed and will admitted only with official rabies paper
certificate. Trash must be removed from site

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or an adult
over the age of 21 with a parent-notarized Minor Event Waiver Form.

Event Stewards:  HL Isobel Grace Hadleigh (Gail Taylor), (210)682-9774,
gtaylor at lonestar.utsa.edu.  Master Ivar Runamagi (Mike Scofield),
(210)432-2082

Additional information about competitions, duties of champions, and
activities is available on the Southern Regional Website,
http://southern.ansteorra.org.

Isobel