CR - Stargate / Loch Siege Guild 7/23

Steelquist, John John.Steelquist at csoconline.com
Wed Jul 19 07:38:05 PDT 2000

Greetings,

We're having a siege engine construction day on July 23rd (Sunday), at Baron
Leofric's house, 1pm until he chases us out.  We are going to complete the
ballista that is already cut, and begin (and hopefully finish) at least two
more machines and 3 bases.  It will be hot - bring sunscreen, hats, etc.  I
guess we can have some kind of pot luck meal.  Or we can just invade a local
restaurant with our stinky, sawdust covered bodies...

If there is interest, we might get together before hand at my house and get
a little target practice in using the two ballista we already have
completed...  Maybe some combat archery, too...  Let me know.

Directions to Leofric's:  Take I-45 to El Dorado (between Clear Lake City
Blvd and Bay Area Blvd).  Exit at El Dorado and head East (if you can go
West, you've got a tougher vehicle that I do...).  You will go through 1
light (not at 45) on El Dorado.  There will be a little strip center on your
left with Fin's and a Stop and Go.  You will turn left immediately after
this center on Zabolio (there is NO light).  If you get to the Kroger
shopping center on the right (at Highway 3), you went too far...  Drive down
Zabolio until it tees (1/4 mile), turn left.  Go straight until this road
also tees.  Turn right.  Go two blocks to McConn Court (on the right), turn
right.  Last house on the left, 419 McConn Court.  (281) 486-5807.

We can probably use some extra of the following tools: drills, saws, layout
tools, ratchets, and drivers.  Come prepared to get some work done.

Ulsted
(281) 648-9823