ANST-Announce - The 24th Annual Medieval Faire - Long

LdAlexndr@aol.com LdAlexndr at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 16:35:38 PST 2000

::taptaptap::Testing.. testing.. Is this thing on?... Right then..

The Barony of Namron cordially invites everyone to attend and participate
with us during the 24th Annual Medieval Faire

April 7th, 8th, and 9th
Setup begins at 8:30A.M. and the site closes at 6:00P.M.

I. Staff

Coordinator and liaison:
Lord Alexander Ravenshaw
Ldalexndr at aol.com

Coordinator and liaison:
Lord Tadhg MacAEdain Ui Conchobhair
chuck_CTR_graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov

Heavy Weapons:
Master Tarl Godric the Broken Toe
tgnst at swbell.net

Light Weapons:
Lady Deirdre Lassairiona ni' Raghailligh de Lacy
LadyeDeirdre at aol.com

Arts and Sciences:
H.L. Annabelle Marie Fitzsimmons

Heralds:
Lady Meraud de Dun Carriag
Meraud at netscape.net

II. Schedule of Events.

9:00AM.     Site setup
10:00AM.    Faire Opens
            Light Weapons Demo
11:00AM.    Heavy Weapons Demo
11:40AM.    Faire Nobility Visitation

12:00AM.    Lunch
1:00PM.     Light Weapons Demo
2:00PM.     Heavy Weapons Demo
            Faire Processional
3:00PM.     Dance Demo: Courtly and Middle Eastern Dance
4:00PM.     Noble Cause – Break
4:30PM.     Heavy Weapons Demo
5:00PM.     Light Weapons Demo
6:00PM.     Site Closes: Nightly Teardown

*Note: There will be a free revel on Saturday night at the American Legion
hall. Please see
        H.L. Bonnie for details. Bplunk7071 at aol.com

III. Items that will be welcome at the site.

1. Banners. Lots of color and things swaying in the breeze attract attention.
 The more the merrier.
2. Period tents. While we will have the 2 GP Medium tents out, small, nice
looking, period tents would be quite useful for storage, changing rooms, and
just for looks. Please contact Alex if you can bring yours out.
3. Arts and Sciences. This is always a great attention getter. If you have
something that you think would look good in the A&S tent, please contact H.L.
Annabelle.
4. Other Items. If you have something that you think we should have out at
the site, please contact Alex. There’s probably a lot of things I haven’t
thought of that would be great to have out.

IV. Other things of note.

1. Lunch will be provided on Saturday at no cost to anyone.
2. We will need a group of people each night and each morning to help with
teardown/setup. Due to the Oklahoma winds and uncertain weather, we always
collapse the tents and pavilions each night.

V,  Hotels and Crash Space.

    Hotels.
    Here are a list of local hotels and their rates.
Days Inn                        405-360-4380                    609 N
Interstate Drive                                                        King:
$45.00      2 bed:  $50.00
Econo Lodge                 405-364-5554                    100 26th Drive
S.W.                                                        King:   $59.95
2 bed:  $59.95
Fairfield Inn                   405-477-1661                    301 Norman
Center Court                                                    King:
$80.00      2 bed:  $75.00
Guest Inn                   405-360-1234                    2543 W Main
Street                                                      King:   $42.00
2 bed:  $52.00
Hampton Inn                 405-366-2100                    309 Norman Center
Court                                                   King:   $67.00      2
bed:    $67.00
Holiday Inn                 405-364-2882                    1000 N Interstate
Drive                                                       King:   $99.00
2 bed:  $99.00
LaQuinta Inn                    405-579-4000                    930 Ed Noble
Parkway                                                         King:
$85.00      2 bed:  $75.00
OU Motel                    405-321-4670                    2420 Classen Blvd
                                                        King:   N/A     2
bed:    $35.00
Ramada Inn                  405-321-0110                    1200 24th Ave
S.W.                                                        King:   $75.00
2 bed:  $75.00
            (up to 4 people)
Super 8 Motel                   405-329-1624                    2600 W. Main
Street                                                      King:   $54.88
2 bed:  $52.88
Thunderbird Lodge               405-329-6990                    1430 24th
Avenue S.W.                                                     King:
$44.60      2 bed:  $44.60
Travelodge                  405-329-7194                    225 N Interstate
Drive                                                       King:   $49.95
2 bed:  $55.95

Crash Space.
We have a limited amount of openings for crash space. You will need to
contact Alex to arrange to get one or more of those openings. You will need
to bring you own bedding as most of what we have available is open floor.

V. Parking Passes.
We have a limited number of parking passes available. Please contact Lord
Tadhg to acquire one. You will need to have your tag number, color of the
vehicle, and make. These will be distributed on a first come-first serve
basis.

VI. Other Things.

If there’s anything you can think of that is not mentioned here, or have any
questions, please contact one of the staff at any time.

Thanks for your time
~~Alex