CR - 5th weekend at the Texas Rennaisance Festival

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Wed Nov 1 04:54:23 PST 2000

Greetings unto the Populace from Gerald of Leesville, Deputy Liaison for the
SCA presence at the Texas Rennaisance Festival.

A hearty "Thank you," to the sponsors of last weekend, the households of
Ravens Thunder, Wyldenfree, and House Navarre.

With the uniting of these three households the fighting on the mound was
fierce and the A&S displays were lovely.  House Navarre sponsored a
tournament Saturday.  Saturday was also marked by a splendid dance
demonstration provided by HL Ihon McFergus and the dancers in front of the
compound.  HL Ihon was able to include patrons of the fair into a few of the
dances and all had a wonderful time.  Vivat the Dancers!

Lord Ambrose Blackwood provided a feast of chicken fried steak and mashed
potatoes which was delicious.  All were well fed.

There was both a chivalric and a rapier list with Lord Azel the winner for
the rapier list while I am unable to remember the winner of the chivalric
list.  Rain Sunday dampened a few spirits, but our fighters fought on in the
fine Scottish weather, drawing a great crowd before the parade.  Vivat the
households for their hard work!

Thanks to Ld Stephen McThomas.  When the rain trapped the patrons under the
gatehouse walkway, we had printouts of some of the more popular songs at
hand to pass amongst the patrons, who were able to join us in singing the
rain away.

PLEASE REMEMBER that, when participating in the demo at TRF, period footwear
and period hats are REQUIRED, not optional.  Imbibing of alchoholic
beverages is not allowed while participating in the demo.  Smoking must be
done at the designated areas behind the walls in the rear of the compound.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
Gerald L. Norris Jr. -- Houston, Tx.
Gerald of Leesville, a bard of Stargate -- Kingdom  :  Ansteorra
Husband, father, lover, singer, writer