CR - TRF Work Weekend

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Wed Sep 13 06:00:52 PDT 2000

My lords and ladies, greetings from Gerald of Leesville, deputy liaison to
the SCA presence at the Texas Rennaisance Festival.

I am asking for volunteers to help with finishing the roof projects and
helping to give the area a final cleaning before the Festival opens on Sept
30.  The last official work weekend is September 23-24.

While the work has gone forward, with a new roof now over the gatehouse as
well as roofing projects over the stage area and the review area in the rear
of the compound,we are now at the last two weeks before the Festival opens,
and we still have construction work to do on the roof over the stage area
and the review area.  We desperately need people who are able to climb on
scaffolding to work on the roofs of these two areas.  HL Brian du Val, Lord
Bowen, and a few others have worked hard on the gatehouse roof, replacing
large parts of the roof as a whole (Most of the sheeting, some of the joists
and completely re-shingling the roof).  The plywood is in place for the
stage and the review stand, needing the finishing touches to give us several
more years use out of the compound.

There may be some touch-up painting that needs to be done, and we will need
some to rake the area one last time before the opening.

Please, if you can manage to do so, help us finish these last details.  If
you can bring tools (hammers, screwdrivers, rakes, etc.) please do so.  I
will provide a meal of cold sandwiches and pasta salad both Saturday and
Sunday.  If providing a breakfast Sunday morning would get more people out,
I am willing to do that as well.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
Gerald L. Norris Jr. -- Houston, Tx.
Gerald of Leesville, a bard of Stargate -- Kingdom  :  Ansteorra
Husband, father, lover, singer, writer