CR - TUESDAY NIGHT FIGHTS

Michael Tucker michaelt at neosoft.com
Tue Apr 3 16:26:57 PDT 2001

(smile)

Sir William, you've inadvertently made me think of my father (this is a Good
Thing). His boyhood baseball hero was "Wee Willie" Keeler. Dad told me that as a
very young boy, he saw him give a demonstration of his famous words (which you
quoted), taking pitches and hitting the ball anywhere and everywhere in the
field - except where a fielder happened to be, or could even get to in time to
catch the ball. I've looked up Keeler's biography, and can only assume that this
was a demonstration given by him in his later years, since he retired from the
Major Leagues in 1910 (before Dad was born).

You may find it interesting to note that William Henry Keeler was only 5'4", 140
pounds. He used the smallest bat in the history of Major League baseball, 30
inches long and weighing only 29 ounces. Care to check the size and weight of
your short sword? :-)

Michael Silverhands