[Coastal] Vikings this weekend - July 28th

MGreene@mpan.com MGreene at mpan.com
Fri Jul 27 07:40:48 PDT 2001

Hi all   (lets try this again...)
I'm hosting a couple of the guys doing the demo for the Viking exhibit at
the Museum of Natural Science.  If you would like to join us for some
festivities on Sat. night (ie. dinner) you are welcome to come.    The guys
are part of the 'Longship Company' of Ansteorra, the group that have built
a Viking Longship.  The ship is on display at the museum, and each weekend
(till Oct. 14th) a few of the company come to the museum, to act as
information sources on the Viking culture, dressed in full authentic
regalia (and I don't mean SCA garb, but true, researched Viking clothing).
This weekend, our guest are Regenwulf (John Mitchell) and Zared (Charles
Davis)

 Here's the plan.
*   See the Viking exhibit on Saturday, from 3-3:30 till 6pm, closing at
the Museum.   Rate is $10 per person.  Best to call ahead and get early
tickets to secure a time for entry, else you may have to wait.   The tour
should take 2 hrs.
*   Follow up the tour with dinner over at West U area, probably Goode Co.
Bar-B-Q.

If you are interested in joining us for dinner (currently, its Maureen and
myself), let me know by e-mail, so I can try to save enough table space.
Else, just show up.   And certainly, set aside some time to see the Viking
exhibit.  I'm told its fabulous.

Cheers,   Hillary Greenslade
(mgreene at mpan.com)