[Coastal] Westgate Garb Workshop II

Heather Jones hjones at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Fri Jun 8 08:49:59 PDT 2001

Yes, that's right!  The Westgate Sewing Guild is hosting another garb-ing
weekend.  The workshop before Gulf War was such a success, we're holding
another!

--June 30th--
The theme of this workshop is "Surviving an Ansteorran Summer".  Come make
comfortable clothing appropriate for our summers!  We will be working on
Middle Eastern, Greek and Roman, Early Celtic and Viking garments.

--So, what do you need to bring?--
If your sewing machine is portable, please bring it, along with pins and
your favorite scissors.  If there is anything else you feel comfortable
bringing, please do.  I have plenty of cutting space, layout space, sewing
space, and chairs, and I will provide drinks and snacks on both days (you
can't sew on an empty stomach!).  Bring light weight fabrics such as linen,
cottons, gauze, broadcloth, baptiste.  Remember, natural fibers breathe
better, but some people are more comfortable in a cotton/poly blend.  Use a
fabric you are comfortable in.

--Other stuff--
The house will be open from 10:00 to 4:00-ish or so (depending on how
things are going).  The address is 22803 Garden Canyon Dr.; Katy, TX
77450.  Come join us for the entire day, or for an hour or two; everyone is
welcome.

Have a good weekend,
Suannoch.

Lady Suannoch nighean mhic Choinnich