[Coastal] trying to get to Warlord

MGreene@mpan.com MGreene at mpan.com
Sat Jun 9 16:00:02 PDT 2001

Signy said:
I've been home all morning waiting by the phone--but not my cell phone.
But
you've got the word.  Might as well enjoy themselves since they can't get
home. If you are up that way and can get there, go and play. The rest of us
can't.  Those that have made food for the event--freeze it or eat it. Just
be safe!

Hi all... Phone service today has been irregular, with many lines of
service interrupted.  News said SWBell had two main switch centers
underwater. Cell phones seem to be working more regularly.  I've had more
luck receiving calls, than making calls out.   I finally gave up on
connecting to e-mail from home, as I kept getting disconnected; so came to
the office for a breath of fresh aire... getting a bit stircrazy sitting at
home watching flood news on TV.

Has anyone heard if any of our folk has had any severe flooding problems?
I spoke with Melody, who said she and Askell's cars were in water this
morning, now at the shop being dried out, and their backyard was flooded...
they are in Stafford area, and Melody said Othar and Dina in Heights, woke
to find their Honda floating.   Elsewise, everyone seems to have dry
houses.  The direct west side near Katy seems OK.. I drove over the
resevoir at Hwy 6 and I10, and it was not full, could still see the banks
along the edge of the trees.

I suspect our friends in Bordermarch are underwater, as the rain was
heading toward Louisiana.

Glad to hear that folks at K. Warlord site were doing OK and in good
spirits, but know they may have some problems getting back into Houston. I
was planning to be there today, but glad not to have to travel through all
that mess.

Kingdom Warlord may go down as the event that many in the host barony were
unable to attend, but which was still held.  I like what William of Weir
called it... 'Kingdom Warlord and Aquatic Games'.   When folk who attended
the event finally get home (and safely), let us know how things went.
Who's the new Warlord?   Did Alexis actually get Pelican'd?

Cheers and stay dry!
Hillary   (signing off to head back home again.)