[Coastal] rain, flood and UoH

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 08:25:55 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>For those with smelly water wet carpet, that was dried out enough to keep
>it...(read...wet/dry vacs are a great investment)... I have a solution for
>the odor and stain. The professional carpet guy that cleaned my carpet
>with I had a internal plumbing flood some months back, suggested buying the
>odor/stain cleaner from the petstore. It's strong enough for your pet
>odor and does a great job with the moldy musty wet smell as well. Best of
>luck, Hillary

   I have been a custodian most of my adult life. I would say in addition, if
you received a "good" soaking which was prolonged, go ahead an get the foam
padding underneath your carpet replace when possible.  You can treat the
carprt all you want but most of your mold and bacteria will fester there.  It
will retain moisture longer, it more porous, and and dark-- perfect for all
sort of microorganisms you would rather not know about. :)

Godspeed,
Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding