CR - looking for volunteers for March 31st Demo

Heather Jones hjones at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Tue Mar 20 08:23:27 PST 2001

Greetings,

For those of you in or near to the Houston area, I am looking for demo
volunteers who can commit to a demo on Saturday, March 31st at 10:00
am.  The demo will last approximately 2 hours and is at St. Mark Lutheran
School (1515 Hillendahl) in the Spring Branch area of Houston.

This demo is to educate several small classes of 4th graders.  The idea is
to have several 30 minute or less "stations" set up on a certain topic that
the children can learn about and try a hands-on activity, then rotate to
the next.  This means that the teachers will have to present their
information to several different groups consisting of approximately 10 kids
or so.

I am looking for:
Fighters (light and heavy) who will do a demonstration only (no hands on
for the kids)
Dancers who can teach 1 or two easy dances to this age group
Scribes/Illuminators (I'd be willing to photocopy pictures and bring paints
and brushes so that the kids could try it out)
Weavers (if the kids can try out the looms or maybe easy finger loop braiding)
Seamstresses (with kids sized clothing &/or hats so that the kids can try
them on over their clothes)
Bards (who can teach the kids a song)
And anyone else who would like to participate and add "color"

If you would like to participate, please drop me a quick email.  And as
always, thanks in advance to those who can participate!

Suannoch
Hospitaler, Canton of Westgate
http://westgate.ansteorra.org/